Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Walk in the Park

Today, Jim and I took a walk and strolled through the Ridgetop Station Park.  On the way, we saw some interesting and funny things.  The park itself has a museum with some of the history of Ridgetop.  It's only open between April and October, so I have to wait to go back and tour it.  The park is really nice - it has a parking area, picnic area, lots of green space, and a nice walking trail.  The Ridgetop Garden Club has a small building there...also closed for the winter...and some nice landscaping nearby.  On our way home, we passed a home where a man had a sign out front that said, 'Handyman' and listed his phone number.  I thought it was kind of funny that his mailbox was lying broken near his driveway.  I don't think I'll be calling him to help out around my house.  (Plus, I have my own handyman here)  Then we read the sign outside the a church that said, "God is the answer.  The rest is just detalis".   I asked Jim if we should fix the sign for them, but we left it alone and laughed a little more.  We also stopped at the antique shop along the main road where "Socks are Back!"  I guess socks are a big thing for folk here.  :)  All in all, it was a nice walk on a gorgeous 65* day in our little town of Ridgetop.

1 comment:

  1. Sixty five? I'm green with envy. Detalis sounds like the name of a new medication.

    ReplyDelete