Thursday, October 14, 2010

Holiday World








Last Saturday, Jim and I took Benjamin, Hailey, and Katy (our nieces) to Holiday World. This was the last weekend of the season and there were NO lines, which was fantastic. In 4 hours, we rode all the rides we wanted to ride as many times as we wanted to ride them. Benjamin and Katy are 3 years apart in age and get along so well. They would go to one ride while Hailey, Jim and I rode a bigger ride and then we'd meet up afterwards. It was perfect. We all rode the bumper cars together and that was really fun, trying to catch up and bump into each other. While we were all getting into our cars, Benjamin looked over at Hailey and said, "What number is yours?" (the cars all had numbers on the back of them) Hailey told him the number, and Benjamin replied, "That one is broken. It doesn't work very well." The ride operator happened to be checking Benjamin's seat belt at that time and looked at him and said, "Does he know something I don't?" I cracked up! Benjamin was trying to get Hailey's goat and nearly did.



The kids rode the Pilgrim's Plunge, the world's tallest water ride at 135-feet tall with a 131-foot descent at a 45 degree angle. They rode it 4 or 5 times and really could have stayed there for hours. That's Katie and Benjamin in the front. -->




Jim, Hailey, and I rode the 3 wooden roller coasters there: The Raven, The Legend, and The Voyage. The angles of descent on The Voyage vary from 50 degress to 66 degrees. Needless to say, I was really freaked out...terrified....and loved every minute of it! I can't wait until Benjamin is ready to ride these rides with us!






This picture of The Voyage is from http://www.holidayworld.com/
Photo by Dan Feicht


One of my favorite pictures is the expression on Benjamin's and Katy's faces on the log ride:

1 comment:

  1. BENJAMIN, BENJAMIN, BENJAMIN, whatever will we do with you? Give you a big hug is what I intend to do next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete