Friday, October 15, 2010

Fartknocker

I use the word "fartknocker" sometimes in various situations. Usually it's to describe someone who is a idiot in traffic or has done or said something stupid. I said it yesterday to describe someone who cut me off in traffic. As usual, Benjamin was with me and asked, "Mom, what's a fartknocker?" I had to laugh because I don't know if I came up with the term or if I heard it somewhere else. So I explained to him why I used that word and that it might not be one he should use in school, although it's much less vulgar than my normal "rush-hour language".

Benjamin then informed me that he had called a kid a fartknocker at Fun Company one afternoon after school. I asked him why he did that and he said that he was playing football with a counselor and some other kids. This "3rd grader" farted, so he called him a fartknocker. Pretty funny if you ask me! He said he didn't get in trouble, but I reiterated that he might want to refrain from repeating his mother's comments while driving. I have a feeling one day I will be called into the principal's office at his school to discuss something Benjamin has said. *SIGH* I really do need to clean up my language while driving. I should probably post more comments on my family's blogs so I can come up with new words.


Footnote: I looked up "fartknocker" on the web and I guess I didn't make it up. Seems it's a widely used word, coined by Beavis and Butthead.

1 comment: