Friday, October 29, 2010

If I knew then what I know now

I finished reading a book called The 13th Hour by Richard Doetsch a couple of days ago.  It's an easy read and was pretty interesting, even though the ending was predictable.  It got me thinking about what I would change or do differently if I could go back in time.  I don't necessarily have a lot of regrets...I mean, I wouldn't be where I am now if I hadn't lived my life the way I have lived it, but I think I could have saved myself a lot of heartache and money if I could go back some years and make some changes.  I guess if I could go back, I wouldn't want to know the future necessarily, but I would like to know the lessons I have learned over the years.  Just the knowledge that I didn't have to do certain things in my life to be happy....that I could have made different choices and had a better outcome.  But then I have to think about "the butterfly effect"...if I had NOT done this one thing, for example, would that REALLY effect where I am today? Well, one thing I know is that I would sure buy that VW EOS again...that's how I met Jim and I would really be sad if my life didn't inlcude him.  :)

My latest venture in reading is The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.  So far, it's very interesting.  I have learned that there is a thing called Noetic Science that I would like to learn more about.  I guess I'll continue reading this book and start doing some research later.  Maybe I could learn how to change things using my brain power...hmm....there's a thought! 
(HA HA)

2 comments:

  1. I blog about what people are reading. May I say what you are reading? And, if so, should I send people here to read your comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen - yes, you can tell people what I am reading and you can send them here to read my blog. :) Thanks! The funny thing is after I posted this blog yesterday, I thought that I would like to write more about what I am reading and what I think about the stories.

    ReplyDelete