Monday, October 10, 2011

Suprise!

On Saturday, we were coming home from shopping and decided to stop at the neighbor's garage sale.  As we walked up the drive, they said, "We have one kitten left - free to a good home".  I said, "We already have too many, but thanks."  I then went to see it, of course.  No harm in looking.  It was a cute, fluffy, gray furball of sweetness about 5 weeks old.  Just as cute and loving as could be.  I walked towards the books to see what I wanted to take home and Jim walked over to the kitten and took it out of the little cage it was in.  He was holding it and I was listening halfway to the conversation he was having with the owner, when I heard him say, "We'll take him".  I was totally floored.  I think if we had won the lottery I would have been less surprised.  So now we have another kitten for a total of 5 kittens and 5 adult cats.  The funny thing is that "Smokey" was the one that was hissing and carrying on when we first introduced him to the other cats.  ALL of the other cats just accepted him as if he'd been there the whole time, more or less ignoring him.   Oh, our "Mama" cat had that look on her face like, "Is THAT another KITTEN?  Are you KIDDING?"  We told her to chill out and she didn't give Smokey too much trouble.

By Sunday afternoon, I was in stitches watching the 4 older kittens romping around, attacking each other, and generally having a grand time.  I'll have some pictures soon if this little furball will ever sit still.

No comments:

Post a Comment