Friday, September 30, 2011

My Smart Alec Son

My son can be a smart alec.  If you have spent at least 10 minutes with him, you know this for a fact.  Most of the time, he's really funny when he's a smart alec.  The other small percentage of the time he's "not so funny".

Yesterday, he was a funny smart alec.....at my expense....and yes, I laughed.  We were driving in Franklin, TN and I have not driven downtown on Columbia Avenue in years.  There was a HUGE new building on this road and I was trying to figure out what it was.  Benjamin looked at me and said, "Mom, that is the police department." and pointed out the HUGE lamps out front that said "POLICE".  I had been looking at the building itself while trying to drive and completely missed the obvious.  We continued down this road, stopping at all the red lights, and each building we passed or stopped at, he would say, "and there is the bank...and there is the church....and that is a gas station."

I have to admit it was pretty funny hearing him tease me.

No comments:

Post a Comment