Friday, July 22, 2011

Busy!

Has it really been a month since I last blogged?   It's been busy, both at work and at home, but things are settling down a bit.  At work, we migrated our network connection to an MPLS network.  Basically we switched how we connect to our offices and to the internet.  Yeah, that is a basic overview.  It's much more complicated than that, but I won't bore you with all the details. 
The migration did not go as smoothly as we had hoped.  Not only were we in the office 4 hours longer than we expected to be on the night of the cutover, but it has taken 3 weeks to resolve some pretty strange issues with faxing and remote connectivity.  At least things are getting resolved and we can start looking ahead to new projects.
At home, over the past few weeks, we were preparing for a party at our house.  There was a lot of work to be done to get the place ready for all our family to arrive, but it was worth every minute of preparation.  I know I did a lot of work the day of the party, but I really did enjoy the time we all had together.  I think next time, we should gather at a hotel like we did in 1997 and just go bowling.  HA HA HA! 
So between trying to figure out a bunch of weird IT issues with our new network and preparing for a gathering of my family, I guess I haven't had much time at all to blog.  Well, I'm back now.  Aren't you all so excited!  :D

1 comment: